- Parents or guardians are responsible for children who are younger than 18 years old. We highly recommend bringing a form of state ID for screenings or panels (anything 18+) or to purchase certain items from vendors.
- Be civil. Don’t harass, annoy or irritate other attendees, staff or vendors. Definitely don’t threaten or strike anyone. Repeated or severe disruption may result in removal from the convention and a possible police report depending on the situation.
- Attendees are expected to practice sensible hygiene and care to help prevent the spread of illness. Please bathe daily, don't skip meals, and get plenty of sleep.
- Due to the rising concern of communicable illness at conventions, please do not attend TAG Fest if you are sick.
- Wristbands must be worn at TAG Fest at all times when in areas which require them. If you do not have a wristband, you may be removed from the area.
- The SeaGate Convention Centre provides security for the event. TAG Fest staff will also act as liaisons between attendees and security if you can’t find an officer. If you have any problems or concerns, don’t hesitate to talk to security!
- The following items are NOT permitted at TAG Fest:
• Fire Arms
• Metal swords, blades, weapons, or sports equipment of any kind. If you purchase these from the Dealer Room, you must remove them from the Convention Centre immediately.
• Airsoft or BB guns.
• Fireworks or explosives.
• Silly string.
• Loaded dart or squirt guns (unless allowed in an event).
The following items are permitted at TAG Fest
• Prop weapons made of cardboard, light wood or light plastic.
• Wooden or plastic training weapons (see below).
• Glow sticks. However, DO NOT break open any glow sticks.
Please note there are other items that can come up that may be considered weapons. When in doubt, ask a member of the TAG Fest staff for help. These items should be left at home or in your car or hotel room. If this isn’t possible, we’ll keep any objects deemed weapons safely stored until you leave the event.
- Mock-combat or recklessly swinging approved props indoors is not permitted. TAG Fest staff reserves the right to confiscate offending props and remove offending attendees from the convention.
- Theft or damage of property, including property of TAG Fest, vendors, artists, guests, attendees and the SeaGate Convention Center, is not tolerated and will result in notification to security and police. You are responsible for any costs associated with the repair or replacement of stolen or damaged property instigated by you.
- The SeaGate Convention Center and TAG Fest are not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen personal effects. If you’ve lost something or believe it was stolen, report it to a staff member or security immediately. Any found items will be taken to the Lost and Found located at Registration.
- Certain rooms may be off limits to attendees. Check the map provided for more information.
- Smoking is not permitted inside any building. You must stand 30 feet away from any building to smoke outside. This is an Ohio state law and may be punishable by citation.
- Illegal substances are not permitted, even if they are left in your car. Alcohol is allowed in permitted areas.
- Soliciting for money is not permitted. This includes setting up a location to sell commissions, merchandise, performances, etc., without permission. If you wish to solicit for money, you must talk to the convention organizer about renting a table.
- Do not litter. Please place trash in the bins provided.
- Shoes, sandals or other footwear must be worn when walking around.
- Outside food and beverages are not permitted in the SeaGate Convention Centre
- Roller blades, skate boards, bikes, scooters, Heelys, and other vehicles are not permitted inside the buildings. Vehicles are only permitted for aiding accessibility.
- Signs are permitted so long as they aren’t soliciting money, glomping, or lewd favors (hugs are fine!). Profanity or vulgar remarks on your costume or signs is not permitted.
- Costumes must cover the swimsuit area and be secure to avoid accidental exposure.
- Remember: Weapons are not permitted. See above for item restrictions.
- Hanging chains more than a foot long and leashes are not permitted, due to choking hazards.
- Bulky costumes, costumes which limit your vision, costumes with protruding elements, such as wings or large, hard spikes, and large prop weapons are discouraged in heavy traffic areas. If you want to wear these sorts of costumes in busy areas, please be mindful of your surroundings and those around you.
- Other attendees might ask to take a picture of your costume. This is normal convention conduct. If you do not feel comfortable doing this, politely decline. If you feel pressured, alert a security guard or staff member.
- If you pose for photos in a crowded area, please make sure you get out of the flow of traffic.
TOURNAMENT & COMPETITION RULES
- Cheating of any kind will be grounds for disqualification. This includes the use of cheat devices, codes, glitching, and hacks. Players can only use the consoles and hard drives provided. Controllers brought by players are permitted, provided no auto or macro functions are used.
- No physical contact with other players with the intention of disrupting their game will be tolerated. Violation of this rule is grounds for disqualification and forfeit of entry fees, and depending on the severity of the offense, may result in notification of security.
- Any attempts to obscure the scoring final scoring screen after each game/round or skipping the scoring screen before the tournament moderator is able to record the score will result in immediate disqualification of the individual or the team and forfeit of entry fees.